It has been a big year here at OTA Insight as we recently had the pleasure of announcing a new series B funding of 80 million which will fuel our investment in product innovation! To accomplish our ambitions plans we are growing our innovation teams significantly where our Data Analytics team plays a crucial part in. Ready to have a big impact in an ambitious scale-up? Read along!
About the position
We are looking for an Analytics Engineer who will help our employees make better decisions by providing trustworthy data analytics.
In this role you will:
- Build analytics in code by writing highly-performant SQL and automated tests
- Collaborate through version control and peer reviews
- Gather requirements from different internal business units (Sales, Finance, Operations, Marketing, …)
- Guide business users in deciding which metrics are relevant to track progress on their objectives
- Translate business requirements into performant, reusable and documented data models which provide actionable insights
- Own the design, implementation and maintenance of advanced analytics dashboards and KPI reports in our BI tool
- Support our transition to become even more data-driven by enabling business units to explore data marts in self-service mode so they can answer their own questions
- Improve our product by performing A/B tests and analysing how ideal customers use our product features
- Research and follow recent industry and technology trends so we can continue reaping the benefits of being a fast-moving technology adopter. You'll always be on the lookout for the best (and afterwards a better) solution
About the team
The OTA Insight Data Analytics team is a BI team within our wider engineering team. It’s mission is to ensure internal stakeholders can make the right decisions by providing timely data insights. The team works in close collaboration with experts from all departments to build compelling reports on their objectives, as well as with a highly talented group of software engineers, devops engineers, and project managers to drive initiatives forward and continuously improve our analytics stack.
About OTA Insight
OTA Insight is a scale-up within the hotel industry. Founded in 2012, with a vision to provide user friendly tools to hoteliers. Today we are considered the global leader in hotel BI and are working with 50,000+ hotels worldwide in 168 countries. As there are more than 1 million hotels worldwide, we are still filled with ambition to grow further.
We generate value to our customers by visualising actionable insights out of our vast datasets. Our tools help hotels to analyse their competition’s room pricing, analyse their hotel revenue, and find out where and when guests are looking and booking. Our products have a profound impact on the day to day activities of our customers, taking away guesswork and simplifying their routines. This has allowed us to grow rapidly over the past few years, adding new products as we solve new problems for our users.
About the compensation
As we are a growth company, we offer:
- A flexible environment that enables you to grow over time and define your role in the way you enjoy it most
- A compensation that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- A choice to go green as we take pride in respecting our environment, either with a flexible mobility budget or the best electrical car on the market
- Ease of mind as we truly care about our team, e.g. by offering the best health & ambulant insurance on the Belgian market
- An opportunity to make an impact on the entire hospitality industry with 100.000’s of hotels worldwide
- A motivation to deliver your best work as we have built a high-bar and very talented team of individuals that are friendly, creative, open-minded and passionate about what they do
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience as a Data Engineer, BI Analyst or Data Scientist
- Proficient in writing highly-performant SQL queries
- Proficient in dimensional modelling and have a good understanding of data warehouse design
- Experience in stakeholder management and requirement gathering
- Experience visualizing datasets using BI tools (such as Looker, Tableau, Mode, PowerBI …)
- Experience with ELT/ETL tools (such as Fivetran, Stitch, …) and data transformation tools (such as dbt, Dataform, …) is a plus
- Experience with applying software engineering best practices like version control and continuous integration is a nice to have
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English is a must)
- Ability to take large quantities and sources of data and distill down to actionable insights
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.