We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing engineering team in Ghent.
We are currently processing billions of rows of hotel pricing & ranking data on a daily basis and we use a state of the art infrastructure based on the same technologies that power Google Search and Google Maps.
Are you passionate about building high-impact dashboards and crunching (actual) big data - all to deliver one of the best BI solutions in the hospitality industry? Great, then read on!
From the very start of 2012, OTA Insight’s vision is to provide user friendly revenue management tools, as well as becoming the global leader in data intelligence for the hospitality industry.
Our founders launched OTA Insight with a mission to help the hospitality industry visualise and leverage its data. Years of constant development and collaboration with hotel partners has resulted in a simple-to-use, live business intelligence platform.
Since then, OTA Insight has won many industry awards and grown to become the preferred revenue management solution for over 30,000 independent, local and global chain properties in 168 countries, supported by 120+ stellar employees.
What you'll do:
- Gather requirements and perform ad-hoc analysis to answer business questions for internal departments (research on product usage, technical log and telemetry data, finance data, marketing data, ...). You'll build dashboards to present frequently-used queries in an insightful way.
- Help clients solve complex business cases by analysing their issues and providing a solution based on the data that we capture.
- Improve our product by creating new analysis based on existing and new datasets, and generalise these so they can be used by our whole client base
- Make our company data-driven - you'll take ownership over our internal data query, visualisation and dashboarding tool and will work towards building out a self-service data analysis culture
- Research and follow recent technology trends so we can continue reaping the benefits of being a fast-moving technology adopter. You'll always be on the lookout for the best (and afterwards a better) solution.
- Preferably you have a degree in engineering and 2 years of working experience.
- Familiarity using SQL, Python, and/or R.
- Familiarity using data visualisation tools like matplotlib, seaborn, Tableau, Qlikview or other.
- Proficient in basic automation techniques (building dashboards, automating reports, materializing tables).
- Ability to take large quantities and sources of data and distill down to actionable insights
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English is a must)
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to help OTA Insight become top of mind with every hotel and revenue manager. OTA Insight’s innovative, intuitive hotel and property revenue management technology affect tens of thousands of customers including the world’s largest hotel chains.