We are looking for a Data Scientist who is passionate about exploring, visualising and correlating vast datasets, and wants to see their work translated into real life applications that impact 100.000’s of hotels worldwide.
In this role you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of OTA Insight’s data assets and how they can be used to enhance our products, their usage and customers retention
- Develop differentiated data-driven models and algorithms using mainly large-scale hospitality data
- Translate loosely defined problems into actionable recommendations
- Actively contribute to our future product vision through frequent brainstorms with the Product team
- Clearly and concisely communicate insights from your research
- Cooperate closely with our Data Engineering team, which is responsible for delivering quality data into our easily accessible data warehouse, to decide on data structures
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Analytics and to implement and operationalise new solutions
- Have a strategic role in the delivery of Data Science projects from ideation to product implementation
About the team
The OTA Insight Data Science team is an R&D team within our wider engineering team. Its mission is to fuel our future product growth by researching and correlating our various data sources. The team works in close collaboration with our Product team, as well as a highly talented group of software engineers, devops engineers, and project managers to drive initiatives forward.
Today we process billions of data points and +100TB of data on a daily basis, containing hotels' pricing information, search data, hotel bookings, etc. All of that using modern technologies. Being a growth company enables us to regularly attract new and interesting datasets, which can unlock new product directions.
About OTA Insight
OTA Insight is a scale-up within the hotel industry. Founded in 2012, with a vision to provide user friendly tools to hoteliers. Today we are considered the global leader in hotel BI and are working with 50,000+ hotels worldwide in 168 countries. As there are more than 1 million hotels worldwide, we are still filled with ambition to grow further.
We generate value to our customers by visualising actionable insights out of our vast datasets. Our tools help hotels to analyse their competition’s room pricing, analyse their hotel revenue, and find out where and when guests are looking and booking. Our products have a profound impact on the day to day activities of our customers, taking away guesswork and simplifying their routines. This has allowed us to grow rapidly over the past few years, adding new products as we solve new problems for our users.
About the compensation
As we are a growth company, we offer:
- A flexible environment that enables you to grow over time and define your role in the way you enjoy it most
- A compensation that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- A choice to go green as we take pride in respecting our environment, either with a flexible mobility budget or the best electrical car on the market
- Ease of mind as we truly care about our team, e.g. by offering the best hospitality insurance on the Belgian market
- An opportunity to make an impact on the entire hospitality industry with 100.000’s of hotels worldwide
- A motivation to deliver your best work as we have built a high-bar and very talented team of individuals that are friendly, creative, open-minded and passionate about what they do
- Master degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years experience in a similar Data Scientist role
- High-energy professional with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Understanding of the steps required in cleaning and transforming datasets
- Solid relational modelling (SQL) and programming skills (preferably in Python)
- Strong expertise in statistics
- Able to derive and clearly communicate insights from a dataset, preferably using Jupyter/Pandas/Tableau.
- Strong analytical mindset and problem solving skills
- Strong communicator that can describe complex topics in a simple way
- Fluent in English
- EU Work Permit
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams at high growth companies to solve problems, identify trends and opportunities, productionize recommendations
- Experience solving problems with real-world data
- Expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Good software engineering practices, e.g. use of version control