Head of Design & Research
OTA Insight is a Revenue Management Intelligence Provider for the hospitality industry (our clients are individual hotels and major chains like Hilton, Accor, … ). OTA Insight dashboard provides rate intelligence for the hotels to increase their revenue by optimising the pricing of the rooms on various channels for various lengths of stay. We combine cutting edge technology and data analytics to provide business intelligence driving revenue management processes to maximise occupancy and rates for incremental revenues.
Today OTA Insight is present in more than 160 countries around the world and works with more than 50,000 independent, local and global chain properties.
We are looking for a full-time Head of Design & Research in Ghent to join our Product Team. You will lead our design & research team whose responsibility is to design the products that fuel OTA Insight’s mission to empower hoteliers to make smart revenue and distribution strategies. You’ll have a direct impact on product strategy, roadmaps, and the detailed design of new experiences that help both the world’s biggest hotel chains such as Hilton and Best Western, as well smaller independent hotels, all over the world. We are not just looking for someone who can improve our existing products. This team has designed and launched 3 new products in the last 3 years alone and has the ambition to build many more.
At OTA Insight you join a team of A-players who make state of the art products. In this role you will have a major impact that goes from designing completely new products - to be used by tens of thousands of hotels across the globe - to driving and executing your ideas and vision with cross functional and international teams. You will be the primary voice of design & research inside and outside OTA Insight, sharing our expertise, evangelizing our success, articulating our vision.
- You will ensure design thinking is front-of-mind throughout the product development process, build a strong design culture by facilitating team meetings, design critiques and workshops.
- You will develop, lead and encourage Design & Research Team initiatives that improve the work of the entire group, such as defining experience principles, planning and conducting user research, refining UI and interaction standards, contributing to product & brand strategy.
- Your responsibility is to facilitate brilliant relationships with cross functional partners. You will work with the product managers, engineers and customer success managers to create great experiences for our users.
- You will be responsible for both the product & marketing design output.
- You will organize, direct, mentor and review the work of a highly skilled team of designers and researchers working with you, relentlessly pursuing better design and inspiring your team.
- You will multiply your skill set through your team members by delegating the right projects for their opportunity to shine. You will also develop your team members into industry leaders.
- You will foster your team’s growth through development planning, performance management, collaborative work, and real-time design feedback and coaching
- You will be responsible for hiring A-players for the Design & Research team, working with our People & Talent Team to ensure our interview processes are thorough and best-in-class.
- You will manage our product design & research roadmap, project planning and task prioritization and will be contributing ideas in the form of wireframes, design iteration and collaboration in Figma.
- You will get your hands dirty as part of a delivery team, enabling them to develop and deliver great experiences. At OTA Insight, you are not only a leader, you also know when it is important to lead by example and share your craft expertise with others.
- You will also ensure that our designs are always customer-centric and do good for the user.
We are looking for someone with:
- An available portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
- At least 2 years of experience leading a team of at least 2 team members
- A deep understanding of how to work in an agile environment and how to deploy features quickly and improve them iteratively rather than taking a long time over something 100% perfect.
- The ability to make strategic decisions backed by data and evidence, not just a gut feel.
- A fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Experience in creating prototypes and highly detailed wireframes for complex user flows in web applications.
- Experience working in a tight design cycle and collaborating with the engineering team for design implementation. At OTA Insight we implemented Dropbox’s project lifecycle methodology (P0-P1-P2) to scale our efforts and collaborate more efficiently.
- Experience with designing for SaaS, rule-based workflows or data visualization is a plus.
Personality & values:
- You love the product thinking that goes into great digital experiences, and how it solves key problems for users
- You get energy from working in a high complex and challenging environment with a data rich product.
- You have excellent communication skills since your stakeholders will be technical experts, as well as business stakeholders.
- You actively participate in design communities; informed opinions on current design/UX trends
- You're a team leader who leads by example, you truly care about the well-being of your team and getting the best out of people by providing them with tailored growth opportunities.
Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to help OTA Insight become top of mind with every hotel and revenue manager. OTA Insight’s innovative, intuitive hotel and property revenue management technology affect tens of thousands of customers including the world’s largest hotel chains. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated about new opportunities and detail oriented while showing the highest standards of responsibilities and deliverables. An extensive training and coaching program is provided to keep you up and running, but also to stay up to date with all new technologies.
If you are interested in this position, don’t hesitate to contact Manon Germain (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more in-depth information.