Payroll Officer Belgium
OTA Insight is a Revenue Management Intelligence Provider for the hospitality industry (our clients are individual hotels and major chains like Hilton, Accor, … ). OTA Insight dashboard provides rate intelligence for the hotels to increase their revenue by optimising the pricing of the rooms on various channels for various length of stays. We combine cutting edge technology and data analytics to provide business intelligence driving revenue management processes to maximise occupancy and rates for incremental revenues.
Today OTA Insight is present in more than 168 countries around the world and works with more than 50,000 independent, local and global chain properties.
We are looking for a full-time Payroll Officer to join our People & Talent Team in Ghent, Belgium. You will focus on providing direct administrative support as needed for the People & Talent Team, including managing the payroll for our Belgian team, scheduling appointments, meetings, events, maintaining filing systems, assisting the payroll manager, and updating the contact database. You will be part of the People & Talent team and will be reporting directly to the HR Director.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR admin queries and escalate appropriately depending on the query raised for our Belgian team
- Work hand in hand with our Manager People Operations in executing the payroll and optimising the payroll process, the creation of offer letters and employee contracts, along with advising on Belgian benefits and legislations
- Be the trusted advisor to the People and Talent Director and HR BPs on Compensation & Benefits, reward strategy for the Belgian region (building wage simulations, tax calculations, develop competitive offers without our Belgian payroll framework)
- Assisting and liaise with the organisation's HR function by keeping personnel records up to date, organizing onboarding, keep HR systems up to date, by processing various paper and electronic forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire onboarding, change-of-status, commission letters, benefits, termination of employment, etc
- Help organise company events/meetings (i.e gatherings, company meetings) and other travel events when applicable
- Be responsible for the onboarding of new employees (from contract signing to first months in the company) and liaise with the People’s team in London, Ghent and Denver on onboarding
- Provide a welcoming environment for all visitors – internal and external
- Assist in organizing and improving office operations and procedures and maintains Belgian payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Human Resources or equivalent degree/experience
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- You have good knowledge of HR law, social law and benefits in the Belgium
- Proven experience with payroll & admin systems
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial and proactive skills
- Able to work precise, under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- You are confident working with Microsoft office tools
- You speak English & Dutch fluently