Senior Business Development Manager - APAC
OTA Insight is a Revenue Management Intelligence Provider for the hospitality business (our clients are individual hotels and major chains like Hilton, Accor, … ). OTA Insight is an online dashboard solution (SaaS) providing rate intelligence for the hotels to increase their revenue by optimizing their pricing. We combine cutting edge technology and data analytics to provide smarter business intelligence to maximize occupancy and revenue.
Today OTA Insight is present in more than 168 countries around the world and has more than 50,000 partners. When you start here, you’ll find yourself in an environment that's exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
We are expanding internationally and are looking for a full-time Senior Business Development Manager - APAC (Singapore based) to join us as from January 2020. This is an overarching role, where you will be involved in developing the team as well as growing OTA Insight's business across APAC.
- Source potential client opportunities via cold calling, (cold) emailing campaigns, and through interaction with professional industry network groups.
- Build, organize, and execute a business development plan to achieve business aims and sales targets. Attend meetings, (inter)national conferences and organize regional roadshows as required.
- Utilize and develop innovative strategies to maximize results and win over challenging targets.
- Respond to all incoming product inquiries, referrals, and leads in a timely and effective manner an maintain regular contact with prospective clients and new accounts.
- Preparation of accurate quotes, development, and presentation of proposals to clients in a professional and confident manner.
- Organization of online (WebEx webinar) or personal product demonstrations and advanced training sessions.
- Maintain accurate records of your business development activities on OTA Insight's CRM system. Sales to be finalized in a timely manner, with a focus being placed on being proactive.
- Continue to identify upgrade opportunities with the existing client base and generate new sales from these organizations.
- Contract negotiation as required, maintaining a balance between optimal service, value for the client and OTA Insight's profit margins.
- Ensure all documentation is complete post-sales to set up trials, and to move the client to a subscription.
- Provide client feedback on products to the Product Development team so that products can be reviewed in line with the feedback.
- Adopt the relevant processes, procedures, and policies to ensure a consistently high level of service is adhered to.
- Be the promotor of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including support new employee onboarding and providing career development advice.
- Coach employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment
- An ideal candidate has a Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Business, Communication, Finance, Economics or other relevant fields
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in B2B business development in the hospitality business, or with a SaaS company
- You are comfortable navigating software and conducting webinars/tutorials
- You have a focused, “hunter” mentality to find, solicit, and drive new business to the company
- You have experience in coaching and mentoring a team members
- You are fluent in English and preferably one other native language
- You have experience with SalesForce, or other CRM systems and related sales tools
- Of course, you have excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrates a high level of diplomacy