Team Lead UX Design
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, gentProduct
Looking for a Team Lead to help scale our UX Design Team
OTA Insight is a commercial platform for the hospitality industry (our clients are AirBnb property owners, individual hotels and major chains like Hilton, Accor, etc.). These are exciting times at OTA Insight: we recently raised another round of funding ($80 million) and we have welcomed two new companies,Transparent and Kriya, to our organisation that will expand our product portfolio! To accomplish our ambitions plans we are growing our Product Team and Design has a crucial role to play. So, are you ready to have a big impact in a fast-growing scale-up?
As Team Lead UX Design you will collaborate closely with our Head of Design & Research to manage the UX Design team that is responsible for crafting a simple and elegant experience for our users across our product suite. You will coach the UX designers in their day-to-day work and support them in their personal growth, but you’ll also still be knee-deep in Figma working on projects of your own. Working together with your peers in Product Management and Engineering, as well as the Research Team you’ll be actively contributing to our long-term product vision.
As a UX Design Team Lead you will…
- work across our entire product suite to support and coach your UX Design colleagues in the craft of interaction design through constructive feedback and by pairing on more complex projects
- work in cross-functional teams as dedicated UX designer for those teams to identify and solve complex problems, leading by example by running the product design process end-to-end together with your Product Management, Research and Engineering colleagues
- take ownership over the growth paths and performance of the UX designers in the product design team
- own the performance of the team’s designs by following up on key metrics, together with the Product Management team and the Research team, initiating new initiatives where relevant
- contribute to our long-term product vision from a product design perspective in the form of a ‘visiontype’ that bring all our products together in one cohesive experience
- contribute to our up and coming design system from an interaction point of view by providing UX guidelines
Benefits of working at OTA Insight
The opportunity to shape the products that more than 75.000 users rely on world-wide
The chance to grow and evolve the design culture at a fast-growing scale-up
A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our offices
Two annual Detox Days, on top of your personal holidays, when we take some time away from our computers with the entire company
A highly competitive compensation package
You will be a great fit for this role if you;
have 7+ years of relevant design experience, ideally in B2B/B2C SaaS, enterprise software or within a digital product agency.
can showcase concrete examples of your end-to-end design process on a feature, product or project and the resulting impact on the user and business.
make decisions at a high pace based on the right balance of judgement, user research and usage data.
have a proven track record in coaching and mentoring UX designers in terms of interaction design, user research and stakeholder management.
are able to learn from and collaborate with multiple departments. Knowing when to push and when to let go.
are comfortable championing user-centred design throughout all layers of an organisation leveraging demonstrated impact, promoting best practices and exerting your influence with internal stakeholders.
have an affinity with insights and data visualisation, even if you have no prior experience in this field.
are familiar with design systems and component libraries and are able to use and contribute to them.
are fluent in both written and spoken English.